Membership brings major benefits…
- to the individual member – status, education and training, employment and tangible benefits such as the monthly journal, discounts on books, training and continuing professional development.
- to the CM industry – giving it a voice and setting standards in this country and abroad in technical matters, in training, in employment standards.
- to industry – NDT and Condition Monitoring are vital parts in every quality system and can bring massive financial savings to industry, resulting in benefits to all.
- status to demonstrate your standing in the engineering profession.
- education to further your knowledge and enhance your career prospects.
- membership benefits including helplines, insurance and discounts.
Membership of the only British Institute looking after the interests of eveyone in the United Kingdom who is involved with CM/NDT materials testing and quality testing is a recognition of your professionalism within this vital sector of our engineering industry.
RECOGNITION OF STATUS
Recognition of status in a profession vital to the health of industry. Recognition of your standing in the profession through membership of the industry's professional body and learned institute, at a grade reflecting your qualifications, experience and professional standing. Membership entitles full members to display their professional status by adding the appropriate initials after their name.
ENGINEERING COUNCIL REGISTRATION
Registration as Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or Engineering Technician can be achieved through the Institute. European Engineers' registration (FEANI) is also available to those with appropriate qualifications.
If you can't find your answer in a specialist group, the CM/NDT helpline will answer your question, or put you in touch with someone who can.
Catering for specific interests, each group organises its own activities and contributes to the Institute's publications.
- Aerospace Group.
- SIG (Service Inspection Group) – for representatives of Associate Member companies which provide inspection and testing services.
- ECG Group – looking after the needs of those members working under Employer Written Practices.
- Trade Group – for representatives of company members.
- UKTA – promoting high standards in infrared thermography.
- COMONET – the DTI Knowledge Transfer Network for CM sensors.