Regional Quality/Technical Manager
- Allen & York
- Date advertised:
- Job details:
This company, operating an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries, including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas and construction, is looking to recruit a northern Regional Quality/Technical Manager to act as a senior quality management representative. This person will be responsible for coordinating and mentoring the local management representative to maintain the security of UK quality management systems. Additionally, the jobholder will be the company’s UK-based responsible hardness testing Level 3 trainer and examiner.Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and encourage a ‘no surprises’ culture and reporting system
- Support nominated sites in the management of the UK quality management system
- Support nominated sites in the implementation of system changes
- Ensure that nominated sites manage and maintain systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Support nominated sites in the resolution of product, technical, process and system non-conformances
- Facilitate effective continuous improvement/Kaizen initiatives
- Assist/represent sites as required during second- and third-party quality or technical audits
- Oversee/perform Nadcap self-assessment audits and non-conformance close out
- Perform internal process effectiveness assessment report (PEAR) audits twice a year and other internal audits as scheduled
- Liaise with customers’ technical, production and quality departments
- Conduct training and identify training and development needs
- Prepare and submit a timely monthly report to the Deputy Quality Manager (UK) and Quality Manager (UK)
- Have organisational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality
- In the absence of top management, act as the designated management representative at management review meetings
- Follow and promote company health & safety procedures
- Follow and promote company environmental procedures
- Administer and control the UK hardness testing programme as a responsible hardness testing Level 3 technician
- Responsible Level 3 for vision examinations to BS EN ISO 4179 (NANDTB)
- Approve technical data cards, plant quality clearance, PAQP, certificates of conformance, FAIRs, PPAP and Level 3 documentation, all in conjunction with any authority restrictions
- Maintain good working practices and housekeeping.
- Relevant experience in metallurgical or materials engineering disciplines with an aerospace background
- Formal relevant qualification to HNC level or above
- Ability to manage personnel and work as part of a team or individually
- Be a recognised NDT Level 3 for hardness testing and qualified to BS EN ISO 4179 by a NANDTB examiner
- Be familiar with systems and procedures as well as the requirements of national, international and aerospace quality assurance systems, including Nadcap requirements.
- Contact details:
Emily Cutler, Allen & York, Farrs House, Cowgrove, Wimborne BH21 4EL. Tel: +44 (0)1202 888986.
Ref No: 291224-BBBH23176_592552.