- South East England
- £34k basic (plus £9k on-target earnings)
- Delta Consultants
- Date advertised:
- Job details:
This scientific solutions provider, offering innovative products and services that anticipate the evolving needs and exceed the expectations of professionals from industrial and life science segments with industrial solutions ranging from materials science microscopes and industrial videoscopes to non-destructive testing technology and X-ray analysers, is seeking a Sales Specialist.
This role is responsible for the direct sales and promotion of the industrial microscopy product portfolio comprising stereo and compound microscopes, digital cameras and imaging software. The role involves demonstrating microscopy equipment and planning and carrying out meetings with technical and procurement managers, with a view to growing the market share as well as providing after-sales support. As well as providing direct sales, the successful candidate will also work with the sales team within a specified geographic region to create, plan and execute a development strategy to promote the portfolio to new customers. This is a field-based role covering the south of England (Derbyshire and south).
The role also includes:
- All aspects of managing a sales territory
- Establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements
- Coordinating sales projects
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Attending exhibitions, workshops and educational meetings
- Working across a wide variety of environments, including high-end research in academia and the UK manufacturing quality assurance and R&D facilities within a number of industry sectors, such as automotive, aerospace and medical.
- Relevant experience in a scientific and/or engineering environment
- A strong commercial acumen
- A high level of technical aptitude
- A higher-level education in science or engineering would be an advantage
- The desire to work hard and succeed in a competitive market
- A full clean UK driving licence is essential
- Applicants should ideally be located in the south of the UK
- Previous experience working with microscopy is desirable.
- Contact details:
- Delta Consultants, The Old Courthouse, Priory Road, St Ives, Cambridgeshire PE27 5BB. Tel: +44 (0)1480 495047; Fax: +44 (0)1480 493310; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference no: