Special Process Engineer – Heat Treatment & Metallurgy
- Violet Search Associates
- Date advertised:
- Job details:
A leading manufacturer of aerospace components, responsible for the technical ownership of all heat treatment and metallurgical processes, is looking for a Special Process Engineer – Heat Treatment & Metallurgy. This role includes responsibility for all aspects of process and machine qualification, approvals/accreditations, engineering support and operator qualification.
The role of Special Process Engineer requires a professional who is able to demonstrate creative, analytical and developmental thinking with a process-focussed approach. Candidates must possess qualifications and experience in aerospace manufacturing and metallurgy experience should pertain to aluminium, titanium and nickel-based alloys.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels and exhibit enthusiasm, team cooperation and a positive outlook. A thorough understanding of the technology and manufacturing concepts involved is required, as is the ability to prioritise.
- Serve as heat treatment process owner and metallurgist
- Ensure compliance to Nadcap AC7102 series of requirements and serve as Nadcap HT audit contact
- Ensure technical compliance to customer welding specifications and maintain customer approvals
- Drive all pyrometry activities to ensure compliance with AMS 2750E and customer requirements
- Serve as a point of knowledge for coordinating SAT, TUS and radiation survey requirements
- Evaluate processes and implement improvements to drive efficiencies via a shared common-process approach
- Contribute to the company’s quality, cost and delivery targets
- Create/maintain all shop floor instructions/documentation, for example data sheets, procedures, etc
- Create/implement problem resolution and development plans to address long-standing production issues
- Support quality in the closure of process-related NCRs
- Define specific time-based CI project plans with measureable objectives
- Ensure that ‘best practice’ engineering and production techniques are used
- Implement continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrate strong root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques for special processes accreditation audits
- Document the progress of projects and provide regular updates to the team
- Undertake special projects as requested.
- Educated to HNC/HND or be a degree level engineer/metallurgist
- Aerospace experience is required
- Experience with AMS 2750 pyrometry is required
- Knowledge of Nadcap requirements (AC7102 series) is required
- Previous Nadcap audit experience is required
- Familiarity with customer heat treatment specifications, for example RPS654 & Pr-011
- Be organised, able to prioritise work effectively and be able to work well under pressure
- Problem-solving experience in aerospace special processes is preferred
- Additional special processes experience (for example chemical processing, MTL, NDT, etc) is desirable.
- Contact details:
Violet Search Associates, Tel: +44 (0)121 272 8447; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference no: