|Address:||QinetiQ, Farnborough, Hants GU14 0LX|
|Contact:||E Anne Birt|
|Description:||The QinetiQ Non-Destructive Evaluation and Health Management Group provides practical and implementable solutions for a range of materials problems across industries from aerospace to land and petrochemical to manufacturing.|
Internationally-recognised experts provide a breadth of techniques, including ultrasound, radiography (real-time, film and microfocus), eddy current (including pulsed), MPI, dye penetrant, microwaves, ultrasonic guided waves, visual, low-frequency vibration, mechanical impedance and thermography.
Working at the leading edge of the technology, QinetiQ is continuously pushing back the limitations of the different techniques.
The following services are offered:
- Research – Working with customers on key problem areas to develop novel techniques and approaches.
- Consulting – Providing the client with a solution to a specific problem, employing QinetiQ's wide range of skills and experience.
- Andscan® family of products – A family of products based around a software visualisation programme but including an R-theta data collection arm and other hardware.
- Automated analysis – Based upon the PinPointTM software programme; automatic analysis and sentencing of NDE data initially for use in composite aircraft manufacture, but the enhanced 3D imaging capabilities will also aid in-service repairs.
- Health management – Ultrasound guided wave technology based upon QinetiQ's inter-digitated detectors is being developed to provide in-service monitoring of high-risk components or structural elements.
- Training – Tailored courses on Andscan and Trecscan (transient eddy current NDE system).
|Affiliations & Approvals:||BSI Registered Firm|
|Trade Group Member (BINDT)|