5-7 September 2017, The International Centre, Telford, UK
Award for Attendance at BINDT Annual Conferences by a foreign delegate
The aim of this award is to encourage attendance at the BINDT annual conferences by contributors from foreign nations. The target group for this award is individuals from the profession of NDT and condition monitoring (CM) who wish to attend the conferences but are unable to do so due to financial constraints. Applicants can range from individuals at an early career stage or be experienced contributors who are unable to attend because of restricted finance.
The award consists of a contribution towards travel, subsistence and conference fees. The amount will be typically up to £500 but will depend on particular circumstances. The award will be paid after the conference on the presentation of suitable receipts directly to the Institute CEO.
The recipient will be asked to provide feedback to the Institute indicating benefits or problems to ensure that future awards meet their objectives.
The recipient’s name and employer will be publicised at the conference because they are both relevant to the award.
- Applicants should be permanent residents of a foreign nation.
- Recipients must have had a paper accepted for presentation at the relevant conference that they wish to attend, at which point they will be asked to submit an application form.
- Recipients must have demonstrated that conference attendance will make a strong contribution to their professional activities and be supported by referees who would normally be their managers or senior colleagues.
- Recipients must supply a description of the financial limitations that the award is intended to overcome.
Your written application should include the following:
- Applicant's details and contact details
- Affiliated organisation
- Title of paper accepted for presentation
- Referees (two preferred)
- Justification for award (max 250 words)
- Comment by Manager/Supervisor
For further information contact: Conferences and Events Department, The British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing, Midsummer House, Riverside Way, Bedford Road, Northampton NN1 5NX, UK. Tel: +44 (0)1604 438300; Fax: +44 (0)1604 438301; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org