Membership, Qualification & Education Committee (MQ&E)
The Membership, Qualification and Education Committee (MQ&E) must be representative of the three sections of the Engineering Council’s Register and will invariably include no less than eight Engineering Council registrants holding a minimum of one CEng, one IEng and one EngTech.
Other responsibilities of the MQ&E Committee include:
- Recommending standards to be adopted for admission to various grades of membership
- Assessing applications for all full membership grades
- Assessing applications for registration with the Engineering Council (UK)
- Managing the engineer registration processes
- Managing the approval of training bodies and education and training programmes
- Sponsoring and/or advising on training programmes
- Sponsoring and/or advising on competency tests
- Liaising with such organisations as may be appropriate in all matters concerned with education, training, examination, certification and registration
- Membership development
- Liaising with Branches.