Quality NDT and Welding Coordinator
- Owen Daniels Consultancy Ltd
- Date advertised:
- Job details:
A Quality NDT and Welding Coordinator is required to act as a technical lead in the field of non-destructive testing (NDT), as well as support the management of welding quality requirements. The successful Quality NDT and Welding Coordinator will manage the needs of the NDT team and act as a technical lead for quality-related NDT decisions. The successful Quality NDT and Welding Coordinator will also hold the authority for quality NDT-related decisions, in line with the hierarchical structure of the department.
Reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager, the Quality NDT and Welding Coordinator’s core function will include, but not be limited to, building on the existing knowledge base in order to do the following:
- Ensure that NDT is conducted in line with the contractual expectations of the company’s customers
- Ensure the business possesses the NDT qualifications and certification required to match its market expectations
- Develop NDT processes in line with best practice and continuously improve the NDT technological capability of the business
- Maintain NDT equipment to ensure it is kept in optimal condition in order to minimise any potential quality, environmental, health & safety or delivery risks
- Lead the daily requirements of the NDT Team (attend war room meetings and lead the resolution of any NDT issues, for example)
- Ensure welding qualifications are maintained in line with production demand (carry out whatever is practicable in order to avoid welder qualifications expiring).
- Produce and maintain welding procedures
- Inspect pre-, during and post-welding activities
- Support the development of NDT and welding systems and controls in line with industry best practice standards (for example ISO, ASME and Defence Standard (Def Stan)).
- Visual weld inspection CSWIP 3.1 (minimum of one years’ experience) is obligatory
- PCN Level 2 qualification in dye penetrant inspection (minimum of one year’s experience) is desired but not essential
- Good practical knowledge of welding fabrication and NDT methods is essential
- Familiarity with 5S and Lean principles is preferable
- Be conversant with related ISO and ASME standards.
- Contact details:
Owen Daniels Consultancy Ltd, 377-399 London Road, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HL. Tel: +44 (0)1276 300100; Fax: +44 (0)1276 300125; Email: email@example.com
Ref No: 249908-AA2017124.